Made In Thailand, Brought to Bhutan

Genre: Fiction


At schools, we meet so many kinds of friends - good and bad. This is a story of a good friend.

I know her from my high school. At school she was a hard working girl. She would do her works with passion - as she would describe. She used to say, it takes some passion and some reasons to do the best thing in ones life. She was good in studies not because she was a bookworm, but she lived with perseverance and dedication, I should say.

Made In Thailand, Brought to Bhutan
Image from Google


I was in class eleven when she was in twelve. As a junior, she was an inspiration. As a student in the same school, she was something on which teachers would cite as an example with pride. Her name was almost like a mantra for our principal to chant every assembly. Her name was in every award ceremonies like these ceremonies won't happen without her name.

So, she was such a good student - good in academics,  sports, but all that caught me was her sense of humor.

She proved her strength in her higher secondary results. She topped the nation. It was a great moment for the school and to me in person, as good a friend.  Probably, that would have made her feel like she already conquered the world.

She got a prestigious scholarship to study in one of the renowned universities in Thailand, specifically somewhere in Bangkok.  

Since the day she came to our school to get the award of appreciation from the school, I never saw her again.

Sometimes I chatted with her on Facebook - but short conversations, sort of hi - bye conversations only.

Two years later, something shocked me.

I saw her online on Facebook.
I texted her, "Hi."
"Ong, Sonam," as usual she replied with her little knowledge of Sharchopkha.
"Oga chaya?"
"Fai ga sa," she adds her Nepali accent on Sharchopkha.
"Why not in Bangkok?"
"I've a baby boy. He's already six months old."

I sent a big OMG sticker.

She didn't reply.

I added, "Don't say that Dad's a Thai. :p "

"He's an Irish."

If possible, I would have sent a big OMG that filled the entire screen.

I sent again a big OMG sticker.

She started sending me photos of her child. I was like  - should I believe this???

[...to be continued]

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GONE