sky's the limit

My Sonam
0 point Something
My Sonam, I would say without any hesitation. He’s once my boyfriend. Let me introduce him. He’s a man with distinct instincts which make him distinct from his other friends. His friends are never of the kind ‘good guy’. His friends are drug addicts, depressed high school bunkers, orphans, and those without a proper job. He is always found to in a hurried mood. He looks always tensed. He has no brakes to control his walks. He walks fast. Is that all that makes him distinct? Nope, these don’t make him what actually he is. I know him like I know myself. And I’m going to share who Sonam is.
This is a story of love. Like any other love stories it has knots which grips like silk- the silken knots of hatred, betrayal, lust and something I can’t share it right now. I’ll share this later.
More about Sonam, he is an engineering student, a fresh college student studying in one of the prestigious engineering colleges in Bhutan. Engineering student, I know you think about his brain. His brain’s memory will be full of formulas, numbers, functions, symbols and all, right? No, he’s a distinct as stated earlier. He knows a little about this stuff. And of course this makes him a poor engineering student.
He wants to become an engineer by profession but a writer by passion. But I can his future will be different. His dreams are too ambitious to achieve. I know he’ll lend up succeeding neither of them because he choose to study looking at the profession not his passion. Let me convince you in the beginning itself, if you’re a student at that transit, the junction- go for profession or passion, choose the right one. Don’t get struck there. The right one is the way which leads towards enlightenment of your passion. Don’t go after profession. It is sometimes deceptive, something like puppy love. And from here, conclude one thing about Sonam. He’s on the wrong way.
Yes, he’s a punctual student. Till date, I am sure he missed none of his classes, none of the college activities. He’s strictly punctual. He’s a good man because he never smokes nor drinks. But shhhhhhhh…let me say you something I don’t like about him. He’s a non-veg.
A few days ago, he had his first term test. He told me it was a new experience. ‘I aced it’ is the exact phrase he used to describe how the test was. And last night he called me to inform me that he scored zero point something in the module PHY101. I wasn’t shocked because I know he’s never going to succeed as an engineer. Amazingly, what ridiculed me was, he wasn’t sad about it. He laughed, he laughed like he’s succeeded.
“Why laughing?” I enquired, “Anything funny?’’
“Not at all. Just that it’s worth cherishing. I’m beginning to make histories here in college.”
I became curious, “What else?”


I’m going to continue this as and when I do get time. Though my passion is in writing I don’t get much time for it as I am a student of engineering college. I know many don’t read this blog… that doesn’t matter. All that matters is that this blog too is a window to see my world…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GONE

Letter to the Facebook Girlfriend