He is My Boss

I never was and I never will be as sad as when I knew that  my beloved Dechen has betrayed me under my nose. I know, Dechen was a charming girl with well-positioned nose, lovely lips, puffy eyes and silky hair running like a rivulet cascading down her back.
It was an early morning when I came out from my long deep slumber as I'd a tedious and heavy work on the previous day. Sun started its journey but was still hiding behind the hills. It was chilly outside. I walked to the toilet brushing my teeth while my phone beeped under my pillow. I rushed back and received the call.
"Hi there!" I said with a tinge of drowsines. "Who are you?"
"It's me Dechen..." She admitted.
She seemed weary and bit angry. So I disrupted her and said, "What's wrong? Anything wrong with you?" I almost blurted out.
She murmured, "I can't love you now." She was stuttering. "I....I....never loved you and you're never meant for me!"
I just couldn't think over. I cried, "Are you mad? Or are you dreaming? Are you......"
Before I could finish, she said, "I know you are shocked."
"Shocked?"
"Yeah, you must be." She admitted so confidently. "Sonam I can't be with such a poor man like you."
I couldn't breathe in. It made me as good as dead. I felt as if my heart came came out and fell down deep into the dirty drains of a street.
But I didn't hung up. I said, "But why are you so harsh like that on me? Why you didn't say this earlier? Why are you doing this? Do you love me being hurt?........" Words flowed continuously though I couldn't figure out myself what I was saying.
She answered seductively, "Sonam, don't mind me. I'm just like that. You really did a great blunder loving me."
I couldn't hold on listening to her. I shouted, "Dechen! Is it....."
She interrupted, "Sorry, Sonam. I'm getting married soon. You may also come for the party. It will be of a great pleasu...."
I ended the the call.
I felt I was really lost _ my hopes, my dreams, my wishes... I was mad of her desperate call of my patience. I couldn't resist it. But there was no way. I should have done something bad to her but I couldn't. Since then I never met her.
More the time past, more the vindictive I became.
Ten years past just like that. I'd my own life and wife by then. I'd a prestigious job as a Chief Editor of The Bhutan Buzz, a well known Bhutan's  private newspaper.  By then, I'd even published several books.
One day,  while walking along the pavement above my newly built building, I met with Dechen.  She smiled with a laughter behind her face and said, "Hi! Sonam, how are you? You've become really handsome..." She flirted.
"Hi! I'm fine. And nice to meet you back."
Before Dechen could say anything I said, "Where do you live?"
"Me?" She smiled and continued, "Aieee.... Sonam, I've a husband of such wealth that I live in that building. It's really beautiful, isn't it?" She pointed to my own newly constructed  building ad she said it.
"Great to know!" I praised her. "Zai... Giwala.. You're furnished with such wealth, I can't believe!"
She accepted excruciatingly. I scrutinized her from her tip of toe to her head while somebody interrupter. "Sir, where are you going?" He asked me.
This must have shocked Dechen. She said, "Karma, do you know him?" She seemed to be curious to know.
Before he could answer I enquired her, "Is he your husband?"
"Yes! He works as a journalist for The Bhutan Buzz."
I laughed lopsidedly while she asked, "Anything wrong about him? Isn't he handsome??
I nodded.
Karma introduced me as if Dechen never knew me. "He's Sonam. He is my boss!"
Dechen blushed, masked her face with redness and went away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GONE